Material rewards for losing weight.
I had never been once to use a reward system for losing
weight until this year. I always thought that losing weight was reward enough.
For my 40th Birthday in January this year I was
given a combined total of approx $2500 worth of Tiffany & Co Vouchers and
Chadstone Shopping Centre Vouchers.
I knew what I wanted from Tiffany and I was desperate to get
it.
I had a light bulb moment.
I set a goal to lose 20 kgs. Once I had lost the 20 kgs I could go and
get my bracelet.
It took me from 14th January 2012 to 7th of May
2012 to lose the 20 kgs. I went straight to Tiffany.
It worked. The lure of getting something that I so
desperately wanted, motivated me to achieve it.
The fact that I had told everyone that I wasn’t getting my
bracelet until I lost 20 kilos also helped.
BUT something else happened…. Even though I still had 80 kgs
to lose, it was like my brain turned off the weight loss motivation. It was
like I had reached the goal I had set, end of story.
Between 7th of May and 7th of June I
fell off the waggon one day, back on the next… my weight fluctuated up and down
each day. I managed to lose another 1.5 kilos over that month, no where near
what I should have lost. Then came June 7th, My Daughters Birthday
Celebrations… the start of the weight gain.
My friend Nic, who is own her own weight loss journey,
always sets herself goals and rewards. She showed me her “list”. Impressed, I
made my own list. I am sure it will need revision from time to time, but it’s a start.
The goals I’ve set only take me to 100 kgs, I am thinking I should take it all
the way to my ultimate goal. 54.4kgs … I am apprehensive as I don’t ever
envisage myself getting to that weight. But I suppose it’s time for me to dream
big.
Here is my list thus far to 99.4 kgs: (55kg loss)
| Goal Date | Goal Weight | Mini Goal | Achieved By | Reward |
11/07/2012
|
136.8
|
110712
| ||
25/07/2012
|
133
|
140712
|
Pink Polar Heart Rate
Monitor
| |
15/08/2012
|
129.4
|
25kgs
|
Spencer &
Rutherford Ipad Sleeve
| |
12/09/2012
|
124.4
|
30kgs
|
Echuca 2 day Getaway
| |
10/10/2012
|
119.4
|
35kgs
|
2nd Wedding Ann
Surprise
| |
7/11/2012
|
114.4
|
40kgs
|
New GHD Straightener
| |
5/12/2012
|
109.4
|
45kgs
|
Hairdresser
| |
2/01/2013
|
104.4
|
50kgs
|
Clothes Shopping
| |
30/01/2013
|
99.4
|
55kgs
|
HubbiesTiffany Gift
|
|
I have already reached the 133kg goal so I was able to get
my heart rate monitor ready for my upcoming exercise regime with Shannan Pontons 8 week challenge.
I laugh at the Hairdresser goal. I must explain that ever
since I got my first part time job at the age of 13, I have paid to get my hair
coloured every 10 weeks. The cost of
doing this has now risen to around $135! In a budget re hash last October,
something had to go. It was either my hair or my nails… I chose my hair! I purchased
my first ever packet colour and have been colouring my own hair ever since. I
miss going to the hairdresser. I miss the professional results! I can’t wait to
get back in that chair again.
Hubby also made a big statement… he said that “IF” I reached
100 kgs he would spend $1000 in Tiffany for me. Hmmmm he had better start
saving because I WILL get there, sooner than he thinks!



I love your rewards :) The rate you are going you're going to smash them all quickly
ReplyDelete