Hubby works for one Australia's Big 4 Banks.
In fact, I worked there for a long time and encouraged him to apply for an entry level position.
He quickly climbed the Corporate Ladder.
He currently leads a team of 20 staff. He has held this current position for almost 1 year.
Previous to this position, he lead a team of staff who were once my colleagues. I am still friends with many of them. I never really associated hubby with being their Boss though. It's not really something we ever spoke about.
I have always been somewhat intimidated by people in Management and the "power" they held over me. I'm not exactly sure why. My leader of preference though is usually male. Again, I don't know why.
Hubby announced last night that he is organising a "Team Dinner" for his staff and their partners for next week and would like me to accompany him.
Hmmm ... It finally hit me that he was a "Boss"
I studied his face and imagined what his staff thought of him. I wondered quietly if he enjoyed the "power" aspect of his position. I wondered how it felt for him to have to discipline staff. How it felt to praise staff. How did it feel to have their pay rise (or not) in his hands. My mind boggles.
I only know him as my husband.
I am secretly looking forward to watching the interactions between him and his staff at the dinner.
This revelation brought a whole new perspective in the way I view this complex man I call my soul mate.
Tuesday night I get to be The Bosses Wife ... will be an interesting night in my life wearing elastic waisted pants.
Was dinner tonight or next week? I can't wait to hear how it went :)
ReplyDeleteIt has been indefinitely postponed... can't say I am saddened by that, It's at a buffet ... just what I dont need ! lol
ReplyDelete