Monday, 16 July 2012

A snippet of my day

What a shit of a day ! I really am having a bad week.

I had 3 hours sleep last night. My brain was in overdrive with a thousand things that I need to do before the weekend. Why do I over commit myself? Oh that's right .... people pleaser, blah blah blah

Today I was to decorate a cake for a lady I met through other friends... we have quite a few mutual friends actually. She is nice but I don't know her too well. The cake is for her daughters 17th Birthday to be picked up tomorrow morning.

I had almost finished her cake, (which had taken about 5 hours more than I allowed for) when I checked my email to double the spelling of her daughters name. To my horror I saw that she requested white icing. I had iced the cake pink. My heart was in my mouth. This cake has 60 hand made and hand dusted flowers stuck on it...  I swear I was having a panic attack.
I had no option but to call her and confess. I was prepared to start again even if it meant I didn't go to bed tonight.
THANKFULLY, she said her daughter loves pink and it was no problem.
I have NEVER stuffed up like that. I have way to much going on and really need to take a few deep breaths !

Hopefully when she picks it up tomorrow she will like it ....... Hopefully.

Every day there is cake around me.  Luckily for me I don't really enjoy Mississippi Mud Cake which is the most requested.  But I do have a soft spot for White Chocolate Mud cake .... and this week there is an abundance of it around me.

I took a couple of very stressful phone calls and my blood was pumping. I walked straight into my kitchen  to eat cake !!!!

Thankfully I stopped myself. But I haven't stopped wanting that cake all day. Is it because I am not "Allowed" to have it? or because I am craving sugar?

Who knows? who cares?  I had a banana instead.

I have so many things / issues / problems / projects / stressors etc going on .

I am making it my mission to tackle one at a time.

Right now it's my weight.

On July 11th I joined The Biggest Loser Club on line and have also registered to take part in Shannan Pontons 8 week challenge which starts on August 13th.

I weighed in at 136.8kgs. I have stuck to the 1200 calorie a day allowance and am seeing some movement on the scales.  I have not exercised as yet.
Last night I cooked the most amazing meal from the Bikini Cook Book - Baked Lamb Loin with Feta Field Mushrooms. I swapped artichoke hearts for spinach to fill the mushys though. I still can't believe it was only 230 calories per serve !! As Above (and below) Yes that's a photo of my dish, its not the cook book photo !    I highly suggest these cook books to everyone that is calorie counting. Every dish is under 300 calories per serve.

We also ate from the cook book tonight. On the menu was Braised Beef with Mushrooms (Slow Cooker). 237 calories per serve ! I had 1 1/2 serves as i was down on my calories :)




Anyway, Enough of my dribble... here's to a better nights sleep and a ridiculously busy day tomorrow!






1 comment:

  1. Ahhh so that is why you wanted S number ;)I am sure she will be very pleased with the cake you have made. xx

    I'm cooking my first Bikini book recipe tonight - Chicken Fijatas, I can't wait actually lol

    ReplyDelete