Saturday, 21 July 2012

Food treats dont have to be junk.. or do they?

I have been on my best behaviour since round 2 of my new lifestyle.
I have made the best food choices 100% of the time.
I have recorded everything I have eaten in the Biggest Loser Online Diary, therefore keeping a calorie count.
I struggle with my fluid intake of 2 litres a day but get as close as I can.
I am  about to plan my weeks meals and go grocery shop for the ingredients.
I can't wait for my Bikini Cook Book Vol 2 to arrive tomorrow !
http://thebikinicookbook.com/ )




I cooked the nicest Indian Beef Curry from Volume 1


This mornings Treat Brunch "Brekky Omelet"from Volume 1


So even though today's brunch was extremely low in calories (205), I actually consider it a treat. This is the type of dish that hubby & I would have ordered previously when we would eat out for breakfast.

Though the version would vary slightly with the addition of a lot more dairy, calories and fat... today's version was as tasty as any omelet I have ordered at a restaurant.  I don't usually cook breakfast. In fact I never have breakfast in the traditional sense. Usually a muesli bar and a banana is my breakfast.  I have decided to treat myself at least once a week to a cooked breakfast. I consider it a treat because I am fuelling this big tank of mine with food that is full of goodness and taste. It's a treat because I am making time for me to enjoy this meal. It's a treat because I say it's a treat ! hehehe

Am I missing non healthy food?  hmmm I don't think so, but can't be certain. My daughter has a big jar a pistachio's on the kitchen bench and my son has a family size packet of skittles. The pistachios are enticing me. I know it would be OK to have a few.. BUT .. I don't want a few, I want the whole jar, so I will stay away. I don't care for lollies so the skittles are safe.

I confess that I miss the ease of takeaway food, that's about all at this stage. Tomorrow maybe different.  I change my mind like the wind, that's how I roll in my life wearing elastic waisted pants !







1 comment:

  1. The breaky omelette looks delicious, I'm so going to buy book 1 now lol

    ReplyDelete