Hi,
If
you have stumbled across this and don't know who I am then I had better
introduce myself !
I
am very happily married with 2 teenagers... a daughter 16 and a son about to
turn 14. I am also the proud mummy to 4, yes FOUR fur babies.... more about them
another time!
I
am a Part Time Public Servant and am also passionate about Cake
Decorating.
I
have never blogged in a public forum before, quite frankly it scares me but
it’s time for me to get real with myself and bare all.
I
make no apology for anything I write, the language I use or the way the reader
perceives my journey. After all, this is my journey and one I have chosen to
share with you. I have spent far too long worrying about what others think of
me. I am a people pleaser... should I say WAS a people pleaser. Well trying to
change my ways lol
In
January 2012 I celebrated my 40th Birthday. I had the best night. Over 100
family and friends joined me in a semi formal atmosphere.
I
was originally going to have a fancy dress theme so that I could hide my body in
a costume, but I decided it was unfair to my guests to pay to hire an outfit (my
people pleasing ways!)
I
was about to see some girlfriends that I hadn't seen since Primary School
!
Well
what does a severely morbidly obese middle aged woman wear that is semi formal?
I should have thought it through better hahaha !
My only answer was to get something made. I already had a nice skirt... elastic waisted of course, so I only needed a top.
I found a lady in Brisbane who sewed for the larger lady, so off I went to Spotlight, picked up some sparkly and stretchy material and posted it to her.
One
week later I had my sparkly tent top. It served me well on the night, it was
comfy.
A couple of days later, my hubby, who is a professional photographer, emailed me 300+ photo's that he snapped on the night.
That
was my BIG REALITY CHECK.
When
I saw the photo's .... you know ... the ones that you are not prepared for, the
ones where you can hide your body or tilt your head a certain way etc .... well
.... I freaked.I got on the scales and bam ... 154.4 kgs stared back at me.... I am only 154cms tall.
I decided then and there I would lose 40kgs in my 40th year .... no ifs or buts. My first major goal was to lose 20kgs for my daughters 16th birthday in June. I made it (plus 2 more kgs).... I was so proud

My daughter had a fairly big party with lots of food that I hadn't eaten for 6 months.... that was the start of my downfall. Just a bit of this and a bit of that etc Between June 7th and July 11th (5 weeks) I gained 4kgs.
So that's what brings me here.
Yep
fell off the waggon with a big freaking bang !
It’s
time for me to work out why I do this to myself and how I am going to prevent it
from happening again.
I
am an addict.
No
doubt about that!
In
my lifetime I have been able to kick two addictions that had hold of
me.
The
first, a gambling addiction which saw me lose a shitload of money
…
The
second, cigarettes. I was smoking 55+ a day …. Disgusting
right?
Somehow,
with strength mustered from goodness knows where, I was able to conquer
both.
I
haven’t gambled seriously in over 10 years…. A very occasional flutter on the
pokies or a Melbourne Cup Sweep etc… neither of which stimulates me in anyway to
delve further.
I
gave up smoking on May29th, 2005. It’s been over 7 years since I have drawn
nicotine into my lungs.
If you decide to stay with my
blog, you will be subject to some horrify photo's as I get the courage to make
them public.
My reinvented diet started again on July 11th 2012.
I wonder how many of you will
actually be interested in my life in elastic pants.
Hold on tight
..... this is going to get bumpy !
Thank you so much for letting me share your journey with you.
ReplyDeleteI love the quote 'Noone said it was going to be easy they just said it will be worth it'
xxxxx
Nic, you continue to inspire me everyday. Without your support I don't think I would be getting real with myself xx much love xx
ReplyDeleteWow you have done so well and I am sure that 100 mark wont be far behind, I think you will be able to beat your 40 kilos in your 40th year :) You go you good thang
ReplyDelete