Usually, I am semi organised.
This has not always been the case but over the past 10 years I started to get my shit together.
I am totally organised with some aspects of my day to day life and totally unorganised with other aspects.
I am trying my best to plan ahead with my meals and grocery shopping. The past week it has served me well.
As previously mentioned in an earlier blog, I have purchased The Bikini Cook Book Vol 1. I chose 3 dinner recipes that I would cook for the week. I also made a huge pot of my own home made soup and which combined has covered us 7 meals.
www.thebikinicookbook.com/
Traditionally, I hate lists. BUT ... I wrote a shopping list of all the ingredients I needed and managed to get them all in one trip to the Supermarket.
I also put my slow cooker to good use which cooked 2 of the meals. (which I doubled the portions to eat over two nights)
When I find a recipe I love I actually type it up in a word document, print it out and put it in my little folder with clear plastic pockets. This way there is no chance of getting spills etc on my cookbooks. (little bit anal about stuff like that!) and it also means I create 1 place for recipes I use often, rather than flicking through different books.
Now.... I just need to apply the organisation to other area's of my life in elastic waisted pants ...
Organisation is definitely a major factor with being successful. You are doing well to stay so focused.
ReplyDelete