Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Unexpected Yet Welcomed Baggage Drop


Wow another week has flown past since I have updated my blog!
Well let’s start with last Sunday’s weigh in on the 26Th August.
Thankfully I actually lost weight!
I managed a 1.5 kg loss which brought me down to 127.2 kgs.
I am really happy with that.
 
7% of my body weight GONE

 
1.5 kilogram loss for the week
 

The loss reignited a little bit of motivation in me.
 
I spent most of Sunday at a local Trash & Treasure Stall with hubby selling Daffodil Day Merchandise for the Cancer Council. I popped a couple of muesli bars in my bag and the idea was to buy some fruit at the market. I was bored out of my brains. Business was slow to say the least. I tried to distract myself by watching a movie on my I Pad but the hot chips and donuts left aromas in the air that were driving me crazy.
 
Around midday hubby went off to the loo and came back with a bucket of chips and a Hamburger with the lot!  I was far from impressed but I kept a lid on my frustration. Once he was finished I was off to find some fresh fruit. It proved a task. There was a couple of very small fruit stands but they had mainly veges. I ended up buying some mandarins and bananas and eating one of each. My will power won! I was really tired in the afternoon from being up since 5am. I was totally unmotivated to get on my treadmill. I decided that even if I burnt 150 calories it was better than nothing. I burnt 161 calories and was exhausted. So that was that!

Monday I decided that I was going to burn 600 calories no matter what, I knew I had a couple of food engagements this week so I needed to be on top of my game. Well it took me a couple of hours but I did it! I hurt like hell but I felt amazing.
 
On Tuesday I went to a buffet lunch with a girlfriend. I controlled myself, made good food choices and stayed away from the dessert bar! I really had no idea how many calories I had consumed so at 5 o’clock I jumped on my treadmill and stayed there until I burnt 600 calories… yep another couple of hours but I knew that I had undone any damage that I “may” have done. I wasn't taking any risks!

Wednesday… my legs are beyond sore so I made it my exercise free day.  I weighed in on Wednesday as I just can’t help myself. Another small loss, down to 126.6kgs ECSTATIC!! This means I have lost 10 kgs in 7 weeks.
 
I had dinner plans with another friend at our local Mexican restaurant. I knew I would be ordering a fajita salad but I also knew that my friend would order Nachos with sour cream, guacamole, salsa etc as an entree for us to share. I decided early in the morning that I would partake in the customary eating of the Nachos. I factored the indulgence into my daily calorie allowance as best I could and went to dinner relatively guilt free.
 
10 Kilograms gone in 7 weeks
 

When I woke up this morning (Thursday) I was dreading what the scales might say but was prepared for a small gain.  Thankfully the extra exercise paid off and I stayed the same at 126.6kgs.  At 7am I put on my runners and out into my freezing garage, jumped on my treadmill and smashed up another 600 calories. I wish it didn’t take me so long … a couple of hours really are a lot out of your day. A small sacrifice I suppose. 

This past week has brought many a triumphs… I have pushed through pain and blisters to burn 600 calories 3 times this week. I have sat in the car while my husband ate chips and a burger only to turn around and eat fruit. I have controlled myself at a buffet. BUT the one thing that has meant the most to me… this is the lightest my husband has ever known me.  From here on in he gets a smaller wife each week. I know he doesn’t look at me as a number… I understand that… and while this may not be overly important to him, it means the world to me. Deep down in my heart of hearts I feel sorry for him.  I know that when we are in public people stare. They must wonder what in the world he is doing with me.  I have seen photos of his previous partners, none of them fat. I still ponder why he chose me. I know I am a good person, a good mother and a good wife… I really do KNOW that… but he could have had extraordinary yet he chose me… I feel indebted to him… I don’t want to feel indebted any more… I just want to feel equal. Whoahhhh I said it out loud!  I think I just dropped some baggage……

No comments:

Post a Comment