Monday, 13 August 2012

5 days of not much

Its been 5 days since my last blog.

What's been happening?

Every day I have managed to push myself a little harder on the treadmill and today I did 3.5kms in 42 mins which burnt 288 calories.  Some how I have to keep pushing as I am meant to be burning 600+ calories a day. Baby Steps.

My friends Nic somehow convinced me to commit to participating in the Sussan's Women's Fun Run in December. At this point in time I have committed to the 5km event which is scaring the crapola out of me ! I see no "Fun" in the Run .... I think I'll be walking ... I am just determined to finish it !

My last weigh in saw get down to 129.4kgs This meant that I reached my 25kgs lost target. My reward was a Spencer and Rutherford IPad sleeve.

I have changed the order of my rewards around a bit as I am desperate to go to the hairdresser. My next goal is 124.4 which will mean 30kgs gone and hairdresser here I come !

I finally used my massage voucher that my kids gave me for mothers day. Oh my legs were so sore... they were even more sore after the massage! It was really nice to lay down for an hour and be pampered though !

I still have a voucher for Endota Spa to use. I am still way to self conscious to go there and thankfully it doesn't expire until March 2013!

On another note, I belong to a few weight loss groups on Face Book and find reading other peoples stories quite motivating. I don't join in many of the conversations as these people are mostly at goal weight or close to it. They also exercise way more than me etc and quite frankly I feel a little inadequate.

I wanted to share something that I read on one of the pages and how I reacted.

"Was sipping a skinny latte today when I realized three things; all of the fat people that ordered a coffee also ordered cake. I much prefer my herbal tea to a skinny latte. And "sweet poison" is the best book I've read this year."

This was written by someone close to her goal weight. She is also a mentor to many in the group.

Personally, I was far from impressed and totally offended.  It's attitudes and judgements like this that send us FAT, CAKE EATING, COFFEE DRINKING people into hibernation. These judgements encourage people like me to closet eat.

Whilst I no longer order cake with my skinny hot chocolate, I certainly don't judge those that do. After all... without cake where would I be! I must say though, if I wanted cake, and had built it into my calorie allowance for the day then I would bloody well order cake.

Anyway, that little rant is over and buried and I have decided to leave that group.

Since my little Nacho indiscretion I have managed to stay completely within my 1200 calories a day. I went out with my two BFF's last Wednesday night.. knocked back a couple of skinny hot chocolates but I was within my calorie allowance. Had a great night... just being normal!

My Lap Top has been dying for about 6 months. I had no choice but to buy a new one over the weekend.  I had a couple of choices... I could buy another PC type Lap Top for around $700 - $800 or complete the cycle and go completely Apple.  Hubby has a Apple Mac which we use as our home PC, we all have Iphone's and Mr 14 and I have IPads... apparently it a natural progression hahaha



SO now I have a shiny new 13" Mac Book Pro that I am scared off! I am using my old lap top, probably for the last time... it's freezing and hiccuping etc. Hopefully I will have my head around the world of Mac for my next blog!

Tomorrow night is my hubbies work dinner... there was a momentary lapse of reason and I suggested to hubby that I could go and have roast meat and salad. Today I have changed my mind again. I think I will stay home.

My weight ... hmmm .... My new Official weigh in was yesterday at 128.2kg




This morning I weighed in an extra 600 grams heavier at 128.8kgs ... this is the negative side to weighing daily. I am at peace that my body is playing tricks as there is no reason for a gain. Fingers crossed some if not all of it is gone tomorrow !

Tonight is Careers Counselling for Miss 16 at her High School ... easy peasey dinner tonight .. Subway... yummo  it's my version of guilt free take away food !

Well that's my last few day's summed up. I am feeling great, renewed and ready to be challenged... until next time I am signing off from my Lap Top for the last time xx











No comments:

Post a Comment