Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Shannans 8 week challenge preparation


I have recovered from last nights little melt down and looking forward to the next 9 weeks.
Shannan Pontan’s 8 week challenge starts next Monday 13th of Augst so all weigh in’s will take place on a Sunday instead of my usual Wednesday weigh in.

I will still weigh in tomorrow as usual but there will be no fancy Biggest Loser scales etc. as my details with the Biggest Loser Club have been reset to Sundays.

This week is all about getting prepared for the challenge.

My scales are so dodgy and I have wanted to get new ones for a long time. My current scales can fluctuate a couple of kilos within seconds! I usually weigh myself 6 or 7 times and take the average weight. It’s time to take the guess work out of my weight loss.  I bit the bullet and purchased a new set of Weight Watchers Scales today.

I spent a lot of time researching and getting the best price etc… Google and EBay are good friends of mine!  Lets hope they get here before Friday.


My New Scales, they had better be nice to me!




I also purchased resistance bands which are required for the exercise program in Shannans Challenge.


Resistance Bands... they scare me !

 My friend Nic who is also doing this challenge with me, popped over yesterday and gave me a crash course on how to use my heart rate monitor. It’s all very exciting!

I am going to try to stick to Shannans eating plan as much as possible. He obviously has proven success with his Biggest Loser Contestants so who am I to change things up to much? I will be changing a few meals though as I am not really a fish eater, so out goes the sardines, salmon etc

I also don’t eat cereal. It honestly makes me gag. I have never been able to tolerate it. There are other breakfast options as in toast, crumpets, fruits etc so I am sure I will find alternatives.

Tonight I was home alone for dinner. Miss 16 went out with her boyfriend, Mr 14 went to friends for dinner and hubby was working late. 

In the past I would have seen this as an excuse to buy myself fish and chips or order in Chinese or Indian food. I was also particularly hungry tonight.

I made myself a scrambled omelette which came in under 300 calories and it was HUGE. It was really yummy and filling. 


Dinner tonight, far cry from oily Fish and Chips !


I am not sure what the morning will bring on the scales. I sneak weigh in most days and the scales are moving but in both directions! Some days up, some days down. Apart from a tiny indiscretion with the few nachos, I have been completely on track. If there is no loss then its my body playing games with me. I will try not to get disheartened.



Until tomorrow …

No comments:

Post a Comment